This simple family favourite is so easy, but very delicious. The longer the chicken sits in the marinade, the better the flavour!
Prep: 30 minutes plus marinating. Serves 4 as a snack
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon Kikkoman soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 star anise
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 thumbnail ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1kg chicken drumsticks
- Spray oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Preheat oven to 180° on fan bake.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together, then pour over chicken in a tight-fitting bowl and mix until chicken is completely covered. Refrigerate for an hour or overnight.
- Spray a roasting dish with oil, place the chicken in the pan and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken into a serving dish, pour over marinade sauce, sprinkle with sesame seeds and spring onion and serve.