The sumptuous range of baked goods from Loaf Handcrafted Breads are the perfect stocking fillers this Christmas.
The makers of gourmet breads, pastries, loaves and slices with a deliciously modern appeal, Loaf was voted Best Bakery at last month’s 2010 NZ Food Awards.
Loaf is a fresh, young bakery founded by Auckland based celebrity chef Sean Armstrong. As executive chef and owner of Prime Bistro Sean became increasingly frustrated with the city’s lacklustre bread offering.
So Sean started his own bakery and in 2004 Loaf was founded.
Loaf Bread Bins are filled with Sean’s picks of the best festive treats that – left by the tree together with a glass of milk – will make Santa’s night.
Inside Loaf you will find –
· Turkish pide – a light Turkish bread with toasted white and black sesame and caraway seeds.
· Sticky Chocolate Brownie – an ultra-decadent brownie that tastes so much like fudge that one piece packs as much flavour as the candy.
· Loaf Doughnuts – you won’t be able to resist the warm cinnamon aroma from Loaf’s authentic doughnuts. Hand-made fresh each day, they are available in berry, chocolate and apple varieties.
· Christmas Mince Tarts – a traditional Christmas favourite, these irresistible mince tarts are made with a crumbly thick pastry and a generous dollop of yummy fruit.
· A sample of the new ‘Panibois’ breads in store – Panibois is a new wooden baking mould that is 100% biodegradable. Put them in the oven to heat up your Loaf for a crunchy finish or re-use them to bake your own creations.
– Panibois Festive Loaf – a light, luxurious, butter-enriched pannetone that is studded with liquor-drenched crystalised fruits
Loaf is available from Nosh Food Markets, Farro Fresh, selected New World supermarkets and other speciality stores around the country. Loaf’s range of sweet treats are now available in Vetro, Hamilton and Moore Wilson in Wellington.
Use your Loaf and visit www.loaf.co.nz for your nearest stockist and recipe ideas.