The Auckland hospitality industry pat themselves on the back over the weekend with the announcement of the creme de la creme of the city’s best bars, restaurants, cafes and hospo staff.
The Lewisham Awards held in Auckland at the weekend concluded with the now standard night-long carousal by the Auckland hospo industry.
The raft of awards made to individuals and establishments from Auckland’s hospo industry were a success for new property Agents & Merchants, as well as Masterchef judge, Simon Gault, who took out the Personality of the Year award.
Agents & Merchants, the Britomart-based bar and café, was unique amongst the line-up of winners on the night for taking awards as a venue and for service.
Notably the winning properties did so without any particular recognition of their service personnel.
The winners were:
• Apra, Best New Auckland Venue: Agents & Merchants
• Moet Hennessy, Best Auckland Establishment: Prego
• Moana Pacific, Best Restaurant Food: The French Cafe
• Allied Liquor, Outstanding Bar: Agents & Merchants
• Café l’Affare, Outstanding Coffee Establishment/Barista: John Landreth, Landreth & Co
• Tequila Patron, Outstanding Bartender: Chase Bickerton, The Corner Store
• HSI, Outstanding Chef: Simon Wright, The French Café
• Beam Global, Outstanding Local: Mo’s
• Dog Point Vineyard, Outstanding Hospitality Personality: Simon Gault, The Nourish Group
• SkyCity, Outstanding Maître d’: Melissa Morrow, Ponsonby Road Bistro
• Pernod Ricard, Outstanding Restaurateur: Martina Lutz, Number 5
• Restaurant Association, Outstanding Sales Rep: Dave Aberhart, Red and White Cellar
• Negociants NZ, Outstanding Wine Service Professional/Sommelier: Brad Sullivan, Chambers Bar
• Telecom, Outstanding Supplier: Red and White Cellar
• Crombie Lockwood, Outstanding Waiter: Scott Campbell, Agents & Merchants
• Laurent Perrier, Outstanding Wine List: Agents & Merchants