Eleven New Zealand charities are in for a real treat this Christmas, all thanks to a bottle of tasty Paul Newman salad dressing.
The late Paul Newman was committed to making the world a better place, and strongly believed in sharing his good fortune with those in need.
The Newman’s Own Foundation is honoured to continue this generous tradition by donating to eleven New Zealand based charitable organizations. The grants are part of their annual philanthropic campaign.
The beneficiaries are:
• Age Concern Counties Manukau, Papatoetoe
• Arthritis NZ, Wellington
• Girl Guides Assoc. NZ, Palmerston North
• Heart Children NZ, Auckland
• Inner City Interagency Trust, Christchurch
• Orana Wildlife Trust, Christchurch
• Parent to Parent National Body, Hamilton
• South Taranaki District Museum Trust, Patea
• Street Football Aotearoa, Wellington
• Tai Takerau Emergency Housing, Whangarei
• Wellington City Mission, Wellington
The awarded funds will be used for a variety of different projects from supporting children with heart disease and providing housing for the homeless to protecting endangered species and restoring national art.
The Foundation selects charities following the belief that its grants will have a meaningful and long-lasting impact on the challenges being addressed.
Robert Forrester, president of Newman`s Own Foundation said Paul Newman`s commitment to making the world a better place remains a lasting legacy with all after tax profits from the sale of Paul Newman`s Own products continuing to go to charity.
“When people would thank Paul for his charitable giving, he would always reply that he didn`t think he was doing anything special,” said Forrester. “He believed that the real thanks should go to those people who work every day to make our world – and the future – better. For Paul, it was a privilege to be just one among these many. That`s how we all feel as we carry on this unique and wonderful philanthropic legacy.”
Visit http://www.paulnewmansown.co.nz/ for further details.
* Newman`s Own Foundation continues Paul Newman`s commitment to donate all profits to charity. Over $300 million has been given to thousands of charities worldwide since 1982.