Everyone adores cupcakes. Birthdays, parties or afternoon tea for the kids, these easy cupcakes will put smiles on faces. Especially with their creamy centre!
1 packet readymade chocolate cake mix (or your own chocolate cake recipe, see options below)
1 packet cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Put cupcake papers into a muffin pan.
- Prepare chocolate cake mix according to instructions and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar and the softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat the egg and add to sugary mixture, mix well. Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Fill cupcake cases 1/2 full of chocolate cake batter. Then add 1 full teaspoon of cream cheese mixture to centre. Top with more chocolate cake batter. Cupcake cups should be 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched in centre.
- When cool, ice with your favourite icing or simply sprinkle with icing sugar.
Freshly whipped cream and dairy chocolate shavings look amazing. True wow factor cupcakes if you really want to impress.
Actual cream cheese icing is also suitable. Just a combination of cream cheese, vanilla, butter, sugar and a dash of milk. Delicious. And remember, the only limit to decorating cupcakes is your imagination!