Baked salmon in foil
Baking salmon can be a little intimidating for some but it’s really simple, easy and such a healthy way to prep fish.
6 tbsp butter
3 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
Lemon pepper to taste
6 salmon fillets
½ red onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 lemon, cut into thin slices
6 small springs thyme
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Cut enough large pieces of heavy foil, 1 for each fillet. Rub butter into centre of each.
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, and lemon pepper. Put a teaspoon of this mixture on the bottom of each piece of foil, turning up the edges so liquid will not run out.
- Place fillets in foil. Pour liquid over the fish. Top with red pepper, then lemons, then onion rings. sprinkle with rosemary.
- Double fold foil into tight packages.
- Place fish packets in a baking pan and bake for 12 to 18 minutes or until done (fish will flake with fork and not be translucent).
- Serve a foil packet to each person with salad and roast potatoes or wedges.