New, Healthier menu OTW to KFC ASAP fresh ideas

Not a great day to be the head chook of KFC in Australia. Across the Tasman today, the trial has begun over the case of a 7 year old allegedly crippled, brain-damaged and poisoned from eating a KFC chicken wrap.

The family of a Sydney girl is suing Kentucky Fried Chicken, claiming she became brain damaged and crippled from salmonella poisoning after eating a twister wrap from a KFC restaurant in the city’s west.

In an opening address in the NSW Supreme Court on Monday, the family’s barrister, Anthony Bartley SC, said the chicken twister was bought from the Villawood KFC on October 24, 2005, when Monika Samaan was aged seven. He told Justice Stephen Rothman he would hear “disturbing and quite unsettling” evidence about the practices in KFC kitchens, including the one at Villawood.

The now 11-year-old Monika, who was present in court in a wheelchair, is suing through her father. Mr Bartley said there was no doubt Monika developed salmonella poisoning. “And there is little or no doubt that chicken was reported by all scientists, at the time of these unhappy events occurring, as being the source of that salmonella,” he said.

The trial is continuing.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email