Paper coffee filters… Who knew!? And you can buy them in packs of 100 for next to nothing – even the large ones. I am going out to buy some right now!
Here is a list of 25 things you can use coffee filters for around the home. Talk about handy!
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome. Coffee filters are lint-free so they’ll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China by separating your good dishes with a coffee filter between each dish.
4. Filter a broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron frypan. Place a coffee filter in the frypan to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods like flaky pies and tacos.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent an iceblock from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.
12. Use expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips of coffee filters.
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, french fries, fish fingers, chicken nuggets etc on them. It soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep coffee filters in the bathroom. They make great razor nick fixers after shaving.
15. As a sewing backing. Use a filter as an easy-to-tear backing for embroidering or applique soft fabrics.
16. Put baking soda into a coffee filter and insert into shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.
17. Use them to strain soup stock and to tie fresh herbs in to put in soups, casseroles and stews.
18. Use a coffee filter to prevent spilling when you add fluids to your car.
19. Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean up small kitchen bench spills.
20. Can use to hold dry ingredients when baking or when cutting a piece of fruit or vegs. Saves on having extra bowls to wash.
21. Use them to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
22. Use them to remove fingernail polish when out of cotton balls.
23. Use them to sprout seeds. Simply dampen the coffee filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a plastic bag until they sprout.
24. Use coffee filters as blotting paper for pressed flowers. Place the flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee filters in a phone book.
25. Use as a disposable snack bowl for popcorn or chips whilst travelling.