The prestigious World Cookbook Awards 2009 has hand-picked 5 Kiwi cookbooks as some of the best in the world. And we’re pretty pleased Fresh recommended 2 of them to you… before they were world famous!
Five New Holland New Zealand cookbooks have been shortlisted in their respective categories in the preliminary rounds of the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards.
Gourmand has advised that each of the following titles has been nominated as the New Zealand winner in its category and will now go on to compete against winners in other countries for the Best in the World, results of which will be announced at the Paris Cookbook Fair on February 11 2010.
- Julie Biuso’s Never-ending Summer (Best Barbecue Book)
- Real Fresh Food by Roger and Anna Wilde (Best Health and Nutrition Book)
- Divine Cupcakes by Tamara Jane (Best Desserts Book)
- World Kitchen by Nici Wickes (Best Single Subject Book)
- Dine In by Adam Newell (Best Chef Book and Best Cookbook Design)
Organisers say that every year the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards receive thousands of cookbook entries from over 60 countries in over 40 languages. Julie Biuso has gone on to win several awards at the next level for her New Holland titles, most recently accepting the honour of Best Barbecue Cookbook in the History of the Awards for her previous book, Sizzle, at a special ceremony in 2008.