Chef Jeannette Bessinger is a Board Certified Health Coach and Award winning Nutrition Educator. She is recognized by Better Homes & Gardens magazine as among the Nation’s leading experts in food and nutrition. Jeannette is author & co-author of seven books featuring healthy eating . Known as “ The Clean Food Coach ” , one of her missions is to empower overweight individuals with the knowledge & guidance to help reclaim their health by emphasizing “ Clean Cuisine ” ( Clean, All-Natural, real food choices ) Jeannette discovered our NEW NuNaturals PreSweet™ Tagatose & Orange NuStevia™ Liquid helped her produce a delicious Low-Carb Brownie that was a Kids & guests favorite. Visit : http://www.thecleanfoodcoach.com/ to discover many other easy, healthy and tasty recipes. Here is her recipe for Low–Carb Brownies with Tagatose.
- 4 oz. high quality unsweetened dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup tablespoons high quality cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup pastured butter
- 1/3 cup almond oil ( or any neutral, high quality vegetable or nut oil )
- 1 15 oz. can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon NuNaturals Orange NuStevia™ Liquid
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/2 cup NuNaturals PreSweet™ Tagatose
- few pinches sea salt
Preparations : ( yields 24 thin Brownies )
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly spray a 12 X 17 inch non-stick edged baking pan with cooking oil and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate, cocoa powder, butter, and oil together over low heat and whisk until well combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the chick peas, eggs, vanilla, Orange NuStevia™, and zest and process until very smooth.
- Add the Tagatose, salt and cooled chocolate/oil mixture and process just until well incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan, spreading to create an even layer.
- Cook for 18-20 minutes or until just-set. Do not overcook. Brownies should be dense and moist.
- Remove, cool and slice into small squares. Refrigerate remaining slices. ( Handle them gently to keep them intact )