An easy, tasty stir fry dish. This Potato Chow-mein with black bean sauce provides a unique oriental flavour twist.
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 medium boiling potatoes, cut into small thin strips/pieces (1cm)
1 ¼ cup vegetable stock
2 Tbsp black bean sauce
2 Tbsp orange juice
200g stir fry vegetables, fresh or frozen
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add onion and garlic and fry til softened.
- Add the potatoes, stock, black bean sauce and orange juice.
- Bring to the boil and then lower the heat to a simmer.
- Cook for about 10 minutes with lid on until the potatoes are just tender.
- Add the vegetables, stirring well and lightly cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Toss well together and serve.