Want to make a kiwiana treat to serve up with drinks and nibbles? Then Cob Loaf is your answer. This moreish recipe is very versatile add what you feel to this delicious cob loaf base. Crispy bacon or ham, some creamed corn, different cheeses or herbs.
To make Cob Loaf Dip, you will need:
- 1 large loaf (or 2 small loaves) unsliced rustic or artisan bread
- 8-10 fresh, large silverbeet leaves out of your garden or 1 packet of defrosted frozen spinach
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 x 32g packet of Maggi onion soup mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 200g punnet of mascarpone (room temperature)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped (or use spring onions or shallots)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- Curry powder to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
How to make Cob Loaf Dip:
Line a baking tray with foil or use baking paper.
Serve cob loaf with the retained bread pieces from the centre, plus additional crackers of choice for dipping. The lid is also broken up and used as rustic dipping sticks, served on the side of the cob loaf on a bread board (as shown) or platter.