400g can Wattie’s Four Bean Mix in Springwater, drained
400g can Wattie’s Chickpeas in Springwater, drained
½ red onion, peeled and finely diced
2 Tbsp roughly chopped parsley
1 tsp ground cumin
½ lemon, juiced
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp wholemeal flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 small carrot, grated
Salt and pepper
4 cloves garlic
125g Greek yoghurt
Salt to taste
Handful parsley, mint and coriander
Red onions, finely sliced
1. Heat the oven to 180°C and roast the whole cloves of garlic for 10 minutes, or until soft.
Set aside for the garlic yoghurt.
2. With a fork, lightly mash the drained Wattie’s Four Bean Mix and Wattie’s Chickpeas. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix together until combined. Take the mix and mould into small round patties.
3. Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a deep fry pan, add the falafel patties and cook for approx. 3 minutes each side or until golden.
4. While falafels are cooking push the garlic out of the shells and mix thoroughly with the yoghurt. Season.
5. To serve: Stack up the falafels onto a plate and garnish with the salad ingredients, finish with a squeeze of lemon and garlic yoghurt on the side.
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 12 mins