You’ll adore this easy chicken fettuccine recipe. Add or omit ingredients as you feel or as your fridge dictates!
300 g fettuccine (buy the best pasta you can afford)
1 Tbsp oil
400 g skinless chicken fillet, thinly sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 cups mushrooms, sliced (button or shiitake)
1/2 cup white wine
150 mL cream
1/4 cup water
1 packet Mushroom Soup Mix
1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (that’s for you David in Greymouth!)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
freshly ground black pepper
chopped spring onions to garnish
- Cook pasta as per instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add chicken, cook until browned. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms, cook for 1 minute.
- Add wine, simmer for 1 further minute.
- Combine cream, water and soup mix. Add to pan, bring to the boil, stirring. Remove from heat and stir in walnut pieces, parsley and grated parmesan cheese. Season with black pepper.
To serve, pour sauce over drained pasta and gently toss together. Serve immediately topped with sliced spring onions, a green salad and a glass of chilled Riesling!