- This wonderful recipe was created by Annabel Langbein for Silver Fern Farms new Porterhouse Steak range. Cooking this my husband said “our kitchen smells like a fine dining restaurant!” Yes very gourmet, but very easy!
- To make Steak with Bistro Butter you will need:
- 350g packet Silver Fern Farms Beef Porterhouse Steak
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 80g butter, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp chopped capers, well drained
- 2 tbsp very finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp flaky salt
To make Bistro Butter, whip butter until light and fluffy, then beat in other ingredients until evenly combined. Mound in a log shape about 8cm long on a piece of baking paper and roll up in paper. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or up to several weeks.
Remove steaks from packet 10-15 minutes before cooking to allow to come to room temperature. When ready to cook, heat oil in a heavy frypan. Season steaks with salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat until done to your liking (3-4 minutes each side for medium rare). Transfer steaks to a clean plate, cover with tin foil and a clean teatowel and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Top each steak with a 1.5cm thick slice of Bistro Butter. Place steaks and butter under the grill for 30 seconds to start the butter melting. Serve accompanied by oven frites and a green salad.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 6-8 mins