When you have unexpected guests for dinner, this pudding recipe is very handy. You only need a few apples and usual pantry items to create this little spicy apple pudding in a flash. Serve straight out of oven with plain yoghurt or ice cream.
Ingredients (20cm round dish)
3 apples, peeled and cored. cut into small pieces
50ml orange juice
100g brown sugar
100g plain flour
1 teaspoon paking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
20g sliced almonds
How to make Adam and Eve pudding
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Mix the apple pieces with orange juice and half the sugar and put into the oven proof dish.
- Beat together butter (softened), remaining sugar, eggs, ginger,flour and baking powder. Beat for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Spread the sponge mixture over the apples.
- Sprinkle the almonds on top and bake for 30 minutes until the sponge is golden and firm to the touch.
- Serve warm with yoghurt or ice cream.