Blueberries & corn salsa? Blueberry pizza with honeyed goat cheese and prosciutto? These odd pairings may seem out of the ordinary, but are sure to leave your tastebuds tingling with their quirky – but delicious! – flavour collisions. Here are 3 great blueberry recipes. Enjoy!
Blueberry & Corn Salsa (main picture)
- 1 punnet fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cup corn kernels (fresh or grilled)
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapenos, seeds & ribs removed
- juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped coriander (or basil or parsley)
- salt & pepper to taste
How to make Blueberry & Corn Salsa:
- Toss the blueberries, corn, cucumber, red onion & jalapenos together in a large bowl.
- Add the lime & coriander, toss again, & season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Best eaten same day it’s made.
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- ½ cup frozen strawberries (partially defrosted)
- 1 cup plain low fat yoghurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup cream
How to make Blueberry Creamsicles:
- Put berries & yoghurt into a blender & mix.
- Add sugar, vanilla, lemon juice & lemon zest & blend further until mixed.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold into blueberry yogurt mixture.
- Pour blueberry mixture into small popsicle containers.
- Freeze for 1 hour until mixture is lightly frozen. Put wooden sticks or plastic spoons in mixture.
- Let freeze for several more hours before eating. Enjoy!
Blueberry Pizza with Honeyed Goat Cheese & Prosciutto
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 flatbreads (naan/pita)
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 4-5 slices thinly shaved prosciutto
- 3 tsp fresh thyme leaves
How to make Blueberry Pizza with Honeyed Goat Cheese & Prosciutto:
- Preheat oven to 220C. In a bowl, combine goat cheese & honey until well blended.
- Place flatbread on a baking sheet & spread the goat cheese evenly on top, then add the fresh blueberries.
- Place in the oven & bake for 15 minutes until the flatbread is toasted & the blueberries softened.
- Remove from the oven & add prosciutto and 1 teaspoon of thyme to each pizza. Slice & serve.
Recipes: Blueberries New Zealand www.blueberriesnz.co.nz