You just can’t beat this yummy Autumn cake! Feijoa and coconut go together very well. You can bake some extra cakes for your freezer while feijoas are still around.
Ingredients (21cm cake tin)
100g wholemeal flour
50g fine desiccated coconut
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 large egg
50ml vegetable oil
300g feijoas (1 1/2 cup feijoa pulp- mashed)
75ml coconut cream
How to make feijoa and coconut cake
- Pre heat the oven to 180 C. Line a cake tin with baking paper, or grease it well.
- Put an egg and sugar in a large bowl and beat with hand held mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add oil and beat well, then mix mashed feijoas.
- Mix flour, Baking powder, bi carbonate soda, salt and coconut in a separate bowl.
- Using a large metal spoon, add 1/3 of flour mixture in the egg & feijoa mixture. Combine well.
- Add 1/3 of the coconut cream. combine well. Add another spoonful of flour mixture, combine well. Repeat until all the ingredients are mixed.
- Pour the cake mixture in a prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes.