Winter’s arrival on Thursday getting you down? Here’s the easiest, tastiest Pumpkin Soup recipe ever. Simple, delicious, healthy and just six ingredients. Serves 10.
Step by step, how to make Pumpkin Soup:
1kg Pumpkin chopped and peeled (or whatever quantity you have in hand)
1 large onion chopped (we love Wilcox, grown in Pukekohe)
3 cups chicken stock (we love Harris Stock)
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon curry powder
3 tablespoons Greek Yoghurt (we love Yoplait)
How to make Pumpkin Soup:
Put the pumpkin, onion, stock, ground ginger, curry powder into a large saucepan.
Bring to the boil then simmer until the pumpkin is tender.
Process with your blender or push through sieve for a gruntier soup.
Stir in the Greek yoghurt for a more creamier consistency.
Sprinkle with a sprig of fresh parsley, and another drizzle of greek yoghurt and season before serving. Add crusty bread for a main meal.
– If you choose to reheat, stir constantly. Enjoy!
– Garnish with chopped up pieces of crystallised ginger for real wow-factor.
– If you really want your pumpkin soup to hum, roast the pumpkin first to get caramelised and golden then mash into the onion, ginger, curry mix (no need to boil, just simmer).
– Instead of yoghurt, use mascarpone for a richer soup.
– For ease of prep, buy pre-cut pumpkin pieces and just cut off the skin. Or if you have a whole pumpkin, double-plastic-bag it and slam it onto the concrete drive. Voila – instant pumpkin pieces :))