Crockpot potato and sausage casserole
A wonderful winter recipe using the good ol’ crockpot. Slow cooking is ideal for busier families and this casserole just bubbles away for 4 hours from lunchtime.
1 tbsp rice bran oil
4 rashers of bacon cut into pieces
1 onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves
4 large potatoes peeled and chopped into chunks
1/4 tsp Sage (or any preferred herb on hand)
Sprig of fresh thyme
1 cup vegetable stock
Can of tomatoes (or 3-4 large fresh ones, chopped)
Salt and pepper
- Gently cook sausages for 5 minutes in oil until golden in colour, remove from pan, slice in half and set aside.
- Add bacon and onion and saute, add garlic and remove from heat.
- Arrange half of your potato chunks in the bottom of your crockpot or slow cooker.
- Add the bacon, onion, garlic mix and sprinkle sage over the top.
- Add other half of potato chunks, and sausages on top. Pour over stock and tomatoes, add thyme and cover.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or until potato is tender.