I have a fabulous Crockpot Devilled Sausages recipe here on the Fresh In The Kitchen site but this recipe is great, if not better! Done traditionally in a casserole dish rather than a slow cooker. The family will adore you for this…
To make Best Devilled Sausages, you will need:
600g pork or chicken sausages
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 clove garlic crushed
2 onions thinly sliced
1 large apple sliced thinly
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
3/4 cup tomato sauce
3/4 cup barbeque flavoured sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons malt vinegar
How to make Best Devilled Sausages:
1. Pan fry sausages until browned and just cooked. Remove and cool slightly.
2. Chop into pieces and place into a casserole dish.
3. Heat oil in the same frying pan you cooked sausages in and fry garlic onions and apple until soft.
4. Add to sausages.
5. Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over sausage apple and onion mix.
6. Cover casserole and cook in oven at 180C for 25-30 minutes.