The Italian Chamber of Commerce in Japan (ICCJ) is glad to present the fourth edition of the JOOP (Japan Olive Oil Prize) Contest, that will be held inTokyo in June 2016.
The Contest aims to promote extra virgin olive oils of all origins in Japan.
This is achieved through implementing the constant efforts of oil producers to improve the quality of their products, and promoting them toward public and private institutions, trade-distribution channels and direct consumers.
Any Extra Virgin Olive Oil produced in 2015 is eligible, granted a batch of least 1.000 Kg of the submitted oil has been produced and that the application form is correctly submitted within the deadline, set on May 16th, 2016.
Product samples are required to be received no later than June 3rd, 2016.
To enter the contest a discounted participation fee of €150 (¥20.000) is required for each kind of oil (to be paid within March 31st).
After this deadline, the participation fee will be €170 (¥23.000).
The oil samples, carefully kept at a fixed temperature of 15-16°C to retain their integrity, will be divided into the following three categories:
a) Delicate (light fragrance, lightly bitter and pungent);
b) Medium (medium fragrance, medium bitter and pungent);
c) Strong (strong fragrance, medium to strongly bitter and pungent).
The Jury is composed by an international panel of eight certified sensorial analysis judges, supervised by the panel leader Dr. Marzia Migliorini (Head of the Research, Chemical Laboratory, Florence Chamber of Commerce).
The “JOOP” Prize will consist of:
– Trophy (1st, 2nd and 3rd for each category);
– Stickers for the product’s packaging “Winner of JOOP Japan Olive Oil
Prize 2016” (1st, 2nd and 3rd placed oil of each category);
– Certification for prize winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd placed oil of each
– Excellence certificate for oils with distinctive organoleptic and sensory
– For the 1st place, participation at the trade show ACCI Gusto;
– For the 1st place, promotion event in a famous department store in
– For the 1st place, article in a specialized magazine.
The announcement of the winners and the award ceremony will take place in Tokyo on June 9th, 2016, in front of the public, media and experts.