It’s time to celebrate Easter and Baileys has put together a collection of sinfully delicious recipes that’ll make you melt this Easter – perfect for an indulgent treat over the holidays!
Baileys Chocolate Mousse in Easter Egg Bowls
Party balloons (not water balloons), blown up to a small ‘bowl’ size
Baileys Chocolate Mousse
150g dark chocolate
2 tbs whipping cream
¾ C whipping cream
1 large egg, separated
2 tbs Baileys Original Irish Cream Extra whipped cream, chocolate chips or fresh raspberries to garnish
Instructions – Chocolate Bowls
– Melt chocolate in a bowl set up over a pan of simmering water. Allow to cool slightly, then dip each balloon half way up into
– Set chocolate dipped balloons on a tray lined with baking paper and allow to cool completely in the fridge.
Instructions – Baileys Chocolate Mousse
– Put 2 tbs of cream and chocolate in a clean metal bowl. Melt over a pan of simmering water for a few minutes until smooth.
– Remove mixture from the stove to cool just slightly. Add the egg yolk to the mixture while stirring until combined and
smooth. Place the bowl over the saucepan of hot water to keep the chocolate warm, but don’t turn the heat back on.
– Whip the remaining cream until soft peaks form. Add half the chocolate mixture to the whipped cream with a metal spoon and
fold until just combined. Fold in the remaining chocolate mixture, but be careful not to overmix. Set aside.
– Use a clean electric mixer to beat the egg white until soft peaks form, then fold it into the chocolate mousse mixture.
– Make sure mixture is completely cool, then spoon the mousse into the chocolate bowls, refrigerate for two hours.
– Top with garnishes as desired!
For chances to win Baileys and more recipe ideas, visit facebook.com/BaileysNZ