This Feijoa Shortcake recipe is a cute twist on a kiwi classic. It won’t fail to impress.
125 g butter
½ cup sugar
1 cup self raising flour
1 1/4 cup plain flour
600-800g feijoas, scooped out and chopped
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp custard powder
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Sift together self raising flour and plain flour and combine with creamed mixture.
- Divide mixture and press a little more than half in the bottom of greased baking tin.
- Scatter over chopped feijoas and sprinkle with sugar and custard powder.
- Crumble the rest of the mix over the top of the feijoas then bake 35-40 mins 190 degrees or until nicely golden on top.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar to serve if desired.