Pumpkin kumara peanut butter soup
You know when you taste something for the first time and you realise you’re onto something big? The cooler months have arrived and I say thank goodness for soup. Here is a Pumpkin Kumara and Peanut Butter Soup recipe you will adore.
1 Tbsp rice bran oil
1 onion (finely chopped)
2 tsp curry powder
Half a fresh, large pumpkin
1 large kumara (or 1 med sized and 1 small), peeled and diced approx 2cm cubes
1 cup chicken stock (GF of your choice)
300mL bottle NZ cream
2 Tbsp of smooth peanut butter
Fresh herbs to garnish
- Sweat the onion in the oil.
- Add the curry powder and glaze.
- Add the pumpkin, kumara and chicken stock (dissolved in boiling water), simmer with the pot lid on until the pumpkin is soft.
- Mash until you reach the desired consistency.
- Add the cream then melted peanut butter and mix really well. Garnish with fresh herbs.