Brain food. A beautiful citrus salmon recipe from acclaimed NZ chef Paul Jobin.
To make Citrus Cured Salmon, you will need:
2 NZ salmon sides, pin-boned
2 cups brown sugar
1 orange, zested & juiced
1 grapefruit, zested & juiced
salt, ground, mixed peppercorns, crushed
dill, picked & chopped
ginger, peeled & grated
How to make Citrus Cured Salmon:
- Combine all ingredients together in a pestle and mortar
- Remove the tail end of the salmon, and use for another dish
- Cut the salmon side into slabs to fit the length of a resealable bag
- Place some of the mixture into the bags, place in the cut piece of salmon then cover with more mixture
- Seal the bags shut, refrigerate overnight
- Remove the salmon from the bag, scrape of the excess salt, with a sharp knife, slice the salmon thinly, dressing it with some mandarin vinaigrette, cubes of buffalo feta, roasted button mushrooms and baby sorrel leaves.
High profile chef and leading culinary figure – Paul Jobin – is Food and Beverage Director at The Riverhead, a 154-year old hospitality complex located north-west of Auckland.
During his career, Paul has won numerous culinary competitions and awards, authored a cookbook and regularly appeared on television. He also provides expert food commentary and appears at events.
He was Chief Judge at the premier student culinary and restaurant service competition – Nestlé Toque d’Or 2014.