These fresh spring rolls are surprisingly easy to make and they’re healthy and delicious. Turn up to a social gathering with a tray of them and greet your adoring fans.
Spring roll wrappers
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1/3 head of green cabbage, chopped
5 green onions, chopped
1 cup thin noodles, pre-cooked (use rice, Chinese or bean thread noodles)
1/4 cup fresh herbs (use coriander, basil or mint, your choice)
1/4 cup carrots, julienned
Handful of fresh mint leaves
For the dressing:
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- Toss together vegetables, noodles and herbs, set aside.
- For the dipping sauce, mix together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Submerge wrappers in hot water until pliable or for about 15 seconds.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of mix on wrapper, add a mint leaf and wrap your spring rolls.
- Serve with soy and ginger dipping sauce and enjoy.