Our Favourite White Christmas Crackle Slice Recipe
Every kiwi kid grew up with chocolate crackles at their birthday parties. This is a Christmas twist on a retro favourite and we just love this pretty and delicious slice, simply called White Christmas.
Makes 20 squares
- 3 cups rice bubbles
- 1/2 cup coconut
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- 1 cup skim milk powder (we use Alpine from Dairyworks NZ)
- 3/4 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1/2 cup green or red glace cherries (we love Tasti)
- 250g Kremelta (white vegetable shortening or copha)
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add fruit and coconut
- Add melted Kremelta.
- Combine well.
- Press into a foil-lined swiss roll tin. Refrigerate and cut into Christmas Tree triangles when set.
This White Christmas is simple, delicious and looks pretty, especially cut into triangles.
Decorate with Christmas colours, red and green as desired or add silver sugar balls, red ball jaffas, mint leaves, lollies etc.
Box up in tissue and Christmas wrap for a special home-made festive gift.