Brown rice sometimes gets a bad rap, especially with the kids. This recipe has so many yummy flavours and textures going on it’s hard to believe it’s good for you.
1 cup brown rice
2 spring onions sliced
3 sticks celery finely sliced
30g dried cranberries
410g tinned corn kernels drained
70g cashew nuts
1 red capsicum diced
120 ml balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- Cook brown rice according to packet instructions.
- Transfer rice to a large bowl, add spring onion, celery, dried cranberries, corn kernels, cashew nuts, and capsicum and mix until well combined.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and give a final mix through.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve cold.
Trudi’s Tips: Replace walnuts with cashews. In fact, experiment and add as you feel: feta, diced apples, pecans, mango, rocket, kale pinenuts. Whatever tickles your fancy!