We live here and love here – but what do you actually know about what gets made here? This fun quiz will tell you just how much knowledge you actually have! Answers at the end. No peeking!
- What is the Te Reo word for food?
- To the nearest million, how many sheep are there in New Zealand?
- What is paua known as abroad?
- Where does the annual Wildfoods Festival take place?
- Where will you find the Brancott Estate winery?
- In what area of New Zealand is the majority of kiwifruit grown?
- NZ greenshell mussels are renowned for their health properties, but they are particularly good for one part of the body. What is it?
- ANZAC biscuits are a Kiwi favourite. What does ANZAC stand for?
- Which baking company hosts the popular annual Pie Awards?
- Which New Zealand company has just launched a Double Cream Custard?
HOW DID YOU DO?
Answers: 1) Kai; 2) 29 million (29.48m); 3) abalone; 4) Hokitika; 5) Marlborough; 6) Bay of Plenty; 7) Joint mobility (5 mussels provide almost 100% of your iodine and selenium needs, and 1/3 of your daily protein); 8) Australian and New Zealand Army Corps; 9) Bakels; 10) Lewis Road