Venison is a lean meat, a true protein boost, and makes for the perfect skewer. Add veges and sizzle. A fast and easy dinner for the family.
- 1 packet (500g) venison medallions
- 1 red onion, cut into 2cm pieces
- 8 white button mushrooms, stalks removed, quartered
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 packet prunes
- Spray oil
- 2 tortillas, cut into 6
- Green salad, to serve
- Heat barbecue or grill on high.
- Cut venison medallions into cubes.
- Thread venison, onion, capsicum, mushrooms and prunes onto each stick, ensuring they are spaced evenly and aren’t too tightly packed together.
- When grill is sizzling-hot, spray grill lightly with oil, and place kebabs carefully on the heat. Cook, turning regularly.
- Once cooked through (about 10 minutes), remove from heat and allow to rest. Place cut tortillas on the grill (in the same place, so tortillas soak up any meat juices) and heat on each side, around 30 seconds per side.
- Serve kebabs and tortilla chips with a green salad and plum sauce.
Prep time: 15 minutes. Serves 2.