This one’s a goodie. Very high on wow factor, ready in under an hour, easy to make in bulk if needed, and absolutely delicious!
Serves: 6 Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes
8-10 small-medium roasting potatoes (we use Wilcox Baby Red Jackets)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
50g butter, melted
1 cup mozzarella cheese
4 slices Hellers streaky bacon, chopped into 1cm pieces
200g pot sour cream
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Place potatoes on a roasting dish, and, using a sharp knife, cut thin slits across potatoes, making sure you don’t cut entirely through.
- Mix the garlic into the butter, and brush mixture over the potatoes, making sure you get in between the slits. Season with sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until tops are crispy. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the mozzarella and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry off the chopped bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel.
- When potatoes are ready, serve on a serving dish, topped with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of crispy bacon bits and sliced spring onion to garnish.