Here is an alphabetical list of the fresh food we think you should try to include as much as possible in your daily diet, if you truly want your body to be at its best.
- Avocado: the most energy-dense and nutrient-rich fruit you can buy. A healthy food choice.
- Beetroot: a winner for the liver and gall bladder. Beetroot helps prevent kidney stones and cleanses the intestine.
- Broccoli: this leafy super food contains antioxidants and blasts away free radicals.
- Carrots: Carrots are a fantastic detoxifier for kidneys, liver and digestive tract. Also fantastic for eyesight.
- Celery: This crunchy treat has anti-cancer properties, lowers blood pressure and aids digestion. You actually burn more calories eating, it than you get from it.
- Garlic: an antibacterial decongestant.
- Lentils: a great source of minerals, which neutralise acids in the muscles.
- Limes: grow a lime tree at home, they are excellent for your immune system to help fight off coughs and colds.
- Mangoes: cleanse your blood, also beneficial to kidneys and to help a struggling digestive system.
- Olives: easy to digest and good for the liver.
- Onions: cry all you like over onions but they are a detoxifier with antiseptic properties and contain lots of minerals.
- Peppers: capsicums, peppers and chillis regulate blood pressure, they are antibacterial and improve circulation.
- Spinach: boosts the immune system and helps regulate blood pressure. Full of vitamins and minerals. In fact anything leafy green: think watercress, rocket, lettuce, kale, bok choy.
This is just our healthiest food list 2016, and there are so many more! For more information and tips, search “healthy food” above. Or look right above the Top 10 recipe list for matching articles including the best foods to eat for fertility and the future of food.