Deliciously summery and deceptively simple, this seasonal starter or snack is surprisingly impressive when entertaining – or just a lovely treat for yourself!
BBQ Garlic Prawns with Avocado Salad
Ready in 15 minutes. Serves: 4
- 1 firm, but ripe avocado, halved, stoned and peeled
- 2 oranges, segmented
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped coriander leaves
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- splash olive or avocado oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- small handful snowpea sprouts, cut in half
- 8-12 prawn cutlets, thawed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat barbecue to 200°C.
Cut the avocado into even-sized dice and place in a bowl with the orange segments, chopped coriander, zest and juice of lemon and a splash of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cut the white stalks of the snowpea sprouts into small pieces and add, gently mix to combine. Cover and place in the fridge.
Place the prawns in a bowl with the garlic, chilli and oil. Toss to combine.
Place on the hot grill and cook until the prawns turn pink, turning once. Transfer prawns to a plate.
Remove avocado salad from the fridge. Using a round mould to help you, make 4 avocado stacks on 4 serving plates. Top with the barbecued prawns and finish with the green snowpea sprouts.