The Ultimate Kiwi Lamb Burger
Super juicy minty lamb pattie and variety of burger fillings such as lettuce, tomato and of course beetroot makes these burgers the ultimate Kiwi Lamb Burger.
- 600g Quality Mark lean lamb mince
- ½ large onion, very finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 slice wholemeal toast bread, crusts removed, soaked in 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup feta, crumbled
- ½ cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4-5 burger buns, halved (we love Tip Top Deluxe burger buns)
- Tomato relish or sauce
- Lettuce leaves
- Tinned beetroot
- 1 red onion, very finely sliced
- 4 eggs, fried
- 2-3 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup aioli or mayonnaise mixed with ½ cup finely chopped basil
Place all the patty ingredients in a bowl, season and combine. Shape into 4-5 patties, cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Preheat a BBQ or frying pan to a medium heat. Brush the patties with a little oil and cook for a few minutes until crunchy and brown on one side. Turn the patties over, reduce the heat to medium low and cook for another 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
Everyone can assemble their own burgers with the fillings and don’t forget to give the burger a good press down with your palm before you attempt to eat it.