Before an audience of the region’s most celebrated chefs, industry VIPs and international media, the list of Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants 2017, sponsored by S.Pellegrino & Acqua Panna, was announced at an awards ceremony at the W Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand. The 2017 list welcomes 10 new entries, while China, Japan, Singapore and Thailand each count 9 restaurants on the list.
The 2017 list celebrates Asia’s top restaurants, building their profile of gastronomy and increasing tourism in their respective regions.
Renowned Bangkok restaurant Gaggan claims the No.1 spot for a third consecutive year, retaining the dual titles of The Best Restaurant in Asia, sponsored by S.Pellegrino & Acqua Panna, and The Best Restaurant in Thailand, sponsored by S.Pellegrino & Acqua Panna.
Chef Gaggan Anand is renowned for his creative twists on Indian cuisine, reinventing traditional dishes through contemporary techniques.
• Gaggan Anand’s eponymous Bangkok restaurant secures No.1 spot in annual ranking for third consecutive year
- 10 new entries on 2017 list, including four from Bangkok
- China, Japan, Singapore and Thailand each count nine restaurants
- Odette, Singapore, wins the Highest New Entry Award, sponsored by Mekhong
- Locavore, Bali, takes the Highest Climber Award, rising 27 places
- Japan’s Kazutoshi Narita is named Asia’s Best Pastry Chef
- Den, Tokyo, wins inaugural Art of Hospitality Award Asia
- Dave Pynt of Singapore’s Burnt Ends wins Chefs’ Choice Award, sponsored by Peroni
- Umberto Bombana is the 2017 recipient of the Diners Club® Lifetime Achievement Award
- May Chow of Little Bao is named Asia’s Best Female Chef 2017
- TocToc in Seoul, Korea, picks up the Miele One To Watch Award
Full list of Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants please see here.