A perfect weekend brunch or easy family meal. You will love this quiche with the dollop of relish twist. We use Meadow Quiche mushrooms in this recipe as they’re already pre-sliced. Handy!
25g butter, melted for sauté pan and to grease your quiche tin or dish
3 small shallots, peeled and finely sliced.
250g punnet of Meadows sliced Quiche mushrooms
4 pieces of streaky bacon
2 sheets of flaky pastry
300g Edam cheese, sliced thinly
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons chopped chives and parsley
1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
1/4 cup Maison Therese Balsamic Onion Relish
Fresh herbs to garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius, fan bake.
2. Grease a square or rectangle baking tin or quiche dish with a little oil.
3. In a small sauté pan, add a dash of oil and sweat off the shallots. Add the bacon, cook for a few minutes before adding the mushrooms to cook 3-4 minutes until they’re golden brown.
4. Line your tin, including the sides, with the sheets of pastry.
5. Place slices of the edam cheese around the sides and base of the dish.
6. Carefully drop in the shallots, bacon and mushroom pieces evenly over the pastry and cheese.
7. Whisk together the eggs and cream until aerated and foamy and then add salt and pepper to season. Add herbs or greens if desired here.
8. Pour over the egg mixture over the pastry and cheese.
9. Sprinkle with grated cheese
10. Dollop Maison Therese Balsamic Onion Relish every few centimetres.
11. Bake at 180 degrees Celcius for 25-30 minutes.
12. Serve with assorted Maison Therese relishes and a green salad or steamed green beans or asparagus.