The ideal little bite-sized comfort food snack. And who doesn’t like croquettes? Dip these into favourite relish or chutney and get ready to wow the crowds.
Makes 25 croquettes
4 skinless frankfurter sausages, each cut into bite-sized pieces
6 Vivaldi Gold potatoes, choose even-sized
1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon oregano
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Maison Therese relishes (we used Beetroot, Balsamic & Onion and Chilli Tomato)
- To a large saucepan add whole, unpeeled potatoes, salt and water until potatoes are just covered.
- Bring the water to a boil and cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and dry off in the pot heat. Leave to cool until able to handle, then peel away skin.
- Grate the potatoes into a large bowl using a coarse grater.
- Add parmesan, flour and oregano to the grated potatoes. Mix together.
- Form the mixture around the frankfurter pieces to form croquettes. Place on a tray and freeze the croquettes for 30 minutes.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper, spray the croquettes with oil and place in a pre-heated oven at 190 degrees Celsius. Cook for 20 minutes, turning occassioanly so they’re golden on all sides. .
- Serve with a selection of Maison Therese relishes for dipping.
- If the potatoes are a little too dry after grating, add 50g melted butter
- Brush the croquettes before baking with a little melted butter and olive oil mixture for a more golden, crisp appearance.