The 20-minute potato salad perfect for a long weekend. Delicious Perlas, frankfurters, tangy gherkins and eggs give this dish a kick you’ll love. Serves 4-6 as a side dish.
- 1 box Perlas potatoes, boiled and cooled
- 1 jar cornichons or sweet & sour gherkins
- 3 frankfurters, cooked & cooled
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- Splash water
- 1 teaspoon dill, fresh or dried
- Fresh parsley
Cut potatoes into bite-sized chunks and put in a bowl. Slice gherkins or cornichons (about 1cm thick), and add to bowl, along with frankfurters and eggs.
In a jar, mix mayonnaise, mustard and honey well, thinning down with a splash of water if required. Add dill and fresh parsley and combine.
Pour mayonnaise over potato mix and combine gently, taking care not to break eggs. Refrigerate until required.