These school holidays get the kids in the kitchen. Start them off with this fabulous dessert which uses marshmallow Easter eggs.
Serves 6-8 Prep Time 20 Minutes Cook Time n/a
1 x 250g packet of malt biscuits (we love Arnotts)
50g melted butter (we use Lewis Rd)
250g cream cheese, softened (we use Philadelphia)
1/2 cup icing sugar
6 marshmallow Easter eggs (we love Cadbury)
To decorate: mini eggs, melted chocolate and mini marshmallows
- Crush all of the malt biscuits in a blender. Add the melted butter and stir until evenly combined.
- Press this biscuit base mixture into a greased and lined tin, then freeze for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, whip together the cream cheese and icing sugar until soft and light.
- Place the marshmallow Easter eggs in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 seconds, stopping to stir every 10 seconds. Mix the melted eggs into the cream cheese and icing sugar mix until completely incorporated.
- Remove biscuit base from the freezer. Dollop Easter egg filling on top and smooth out with a spoon. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To decorate, sprinkle with mini eggs and marshmallows, then drizzle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate to set and serve.