Lemon White Chocolate Cheesecake
Looking for the perfect dessert? This gorgeous lemon white chocolate cheesecake not only looks amazing, but tastes great too. The zesty citrus flavours of the lemon pairs beautifully with the white chocolate.
250g digestive biscuits
100g butter, melted
750g Cream Cheese
¾ cup caster sugar
150ml cream, plus 150ml for whipping
150g white chocolate (we love Whittaker’s)
Zest and juice 2 lemons
4 eggs, at room temperature
Blueberries to decorate
Lemon zest to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 120°C.
- Lightly grease the base and sides of a 23cm springform tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Place the digestive biscuits in a food processor and process into crumbs.
- Tip into a bowl, pour in the melted butter and mix to combine.
- Press into the tin, cover and refrigerate while making the filling. Place the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl and beat until smooth (an electric mixer is good to use here), scraping down the sides occasionally.
- Place the cream and chocolate in a microwave-proof bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir gently until smooth. Set aside. Mix lemon zest and juice into the cream cheese mixture.
- Beat eggs in, one at a time. Lastly, fold through the cream and chocolate mixture. Remove the base from the refrigerator, pour in the filling and smooth the top. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until the mixture has just about set (it will still be a little wobbly in the centre).
- Cool the cheesecake before placing in the refrigerator until firm. Remove cheesecake from its tin and remove baking paper from the base. Place on a serving plate.
- Decorate with whipped cream, fresh or freeze-dried blueberries and lemon zest.