Beautiful Savoury Oat Biscuit Recipe
Serve these beautiful savoury oat biscuits as part of a grunty cheese platter, with your favourite cheese, honey and fruits alongside a delicious dessert wine.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Makes: 24
- 100g Harraways Rolled Oats
- 150g wholemeal flour
- Good pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 150g butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons apple puree
- Cheese, honey and dried fruits, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper or grease and dust with flour.
- Mix together the rolled oats, flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda.
- Cream the butter, then add the apple puree, half at a time, and beat well. Beat in the dry ingredients.
- Scoop heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture and roll into balls, placing on the prepared trays as you go. Flatten with a fork dipped in cold water.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until golden. Leave biscuits to cool until firm, before removing to a cooling rack, then storing in an airtight container.
- Serve with your favourite cheese, honey and fruits with a delicious dessert wine.