Love a good burger but need to cut the carbs on the bun? Try this winner of a recipe using the George Foreman Spiralizer. Using a manual spiralizer is just as handy.
2 medium zucchinis (courgettes) spiralized with the thin noodle blade
1 egg, beaten (we love Woodland Free Range)
2 tablespoons dried wholegrain bread crumbs
1/2 tsp salt
Rice Bran Oil Spray
Veges as desired to stack your burger
- Spiralize your zucchinis and place in a colander, salting generously until your zoodles are coated. Set aside for 10 minutes which removes excess water.
- Place the zoodles in a teatowel or handee towel and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the zoodles with the beaten egg, breadcrumbs and salt.
- To form the “bun”, take a ramekin as mold and place the zoodles inside to make a bun shape.
- Press down on the zoodles to to flatten into the ramekin and refrigerate to firm up – about half an hour.
- In a frypan over a medium heat, heat a couple of sprays of rice bran oil. Place the chilled zoodles patties in the pan and cook 3-4 minues each side until they are golden brown.
- Use as a low carb burger bun option – serve with your favourite fillings – think slices of tomato, cheese slices, red onion, mushroom slices, eggplant, mozzarella and greens with a lick of your favourite mayo or relish.