A couple of bunches of grapes, some walnuts, balsamic, soft cheese and a loaf of ciabatta and you’ve got the perfect party canapé.
2 cups walnuts
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 large bunches of grapes (we love Dole)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
4 sprigs of fresh thyme
Pinch of both salt and pepper
200 grams soft goats cheese
1 large ciabatta loaf
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 160ºC.
- Place the sugar and balsamic vinegar in a saucepan and cook over a medium heat until sugar has completely dissolved. Add the walnuts and stir until nuts are well coated.
- Transfer nuts onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until walnuts are golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 180ºC.
- In a large bowl, toss all roasted grape ingredients then place in a lined roasting dish. Roast for 25 – 30 minutes or until grapes are softened and juicy but still remain whole.
- Cut ciabatta loaf into 1cm thick slices. Drizzle with olive oil and grill on both sides until just golden brown.
- Smear goats cheese onto each piece of toast, top with roasted grapes, chopped candied walnuts, fresh thyme leaves and a pinch of salt and pepper.