The goodness of ginger in a wonderfully warming winter soup.
3 cups of peeled, finely sliced or grated parsnips
3 cups of peeled, finely sliced or grated carrots
¼ cup peeled, finely sliced or grated Dole Ginger Tiger
6 cups chicken stock
¾ cup cream
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped coriander and chilli flakes (optional) for garnish
- Place parsnips, carrots, Ginger Tiger, and stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are well cooked and soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, then blend using a blender, food processor or a hand-held blender.
- When smooth, return the mixture to the pan, add the cream and reheat gently.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, and add the lemon juice to brighten the soup.
- Garnish with coriander and chilli flakes.