Healthy Spaghetti Squash Recipe
Trying to eat healthier? Try this healthy, carb-free pasta alternative made with kiwi-grown spaghetti squash – a gorgeous NZ vegetable.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Olivado avocado oil with garlic
- 75 g butter
- Fresh sage leaves (we love Superb Herb)
- Salt and pepper – if desired
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Place both halves face down in an ovenproof dish, add a cup of water and cook for 20 minutes in a 190 degree oven – alternatively microwave for 4 minutes (faster and just as good!)
- Rake flesh with a fork to make the “spaghetti” noodles.
- Melt the butter til golden, add a drizzle of avocado garlic oil then sage leaves. Remove from heat.
- Pour over spaghetti squash noodles. Season with salt and pepper if desired. ENJOY!