This dark red beetroot soup spiced with ginger and garlic will warm you up instantly. Perfect for winter lunch.
2 tablespoons Olivado olive oil
1 large onion, peeled
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 stalks celery, finely diced
2 carrots, peeled, finely diced
2 large potatoes, peeled, finely diced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
2 packs of LeaderBrand Baby Beets, diced
4 cups (1 litre) liquid chicken or vegetable stock
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Toasted sesame seeds, extra black pepper and basil leaves, to serve
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large pan and sauté the onion, garlic, celery, carrots and potatoes.
- Add the ginger and baby beetroot.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potato is tender.
- Puree the soup in a food processor or high speed blender or with a stick blender. Return to the heat and re-heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve with toasted sesame seeds, freshly ground black pepper and basil leaves.