This salad is packed full of colour, texture and goodness. It is surprisingly filling due to the quinoa, edamame beans and avocado. Enjoy!
1 pack of LeaderBrand Beetroot, finely sliced
1 bag LeaderBrand Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 cup frozen edamame beans, removed from pods
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1 medium carrot, finely sliced
1 avocado, cubed
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp lime juice
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp chopped mint
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- In a medium-sized pot, combine rinsed quinoa and one cup of water. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, then cover the pot, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the quinoa from heat and let it rest, still covered, for five minutes. Uncover the pot, drain off any excess water and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, then add the frozen edamame beans and cook until the beans are just warmed through. Drain and set aside.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, whisk together all of the ingredients until emulsified.
- Assemble the salad by combining the ingredients in a large serving bowl and gently tossing together. Drizzle over the salad dressing and season to taste.