A warm salad made with readily available green broccoli and courgettes featuring the latest popular kitchen gadget, the spiralizer. Sun dried tomato butter adds colour and taste to the dish. Perfect one dish meal for lunch or a light dinner.
Ingredients (serves 2):
1 head of broccoli (we love LeaderBrand)
4 large courgettes
½ cup sun dried tomatoes, drained
125g butter, softened
¼ cup flat leaf parsley leaves (we love Superb Herbs)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Parmesan cheese, grated
- Trim the ends of each courgette. Using a spiralizer, turn the courgettes to make noodles. If you don’t have a spiralizer, use a sharp knife or potato peeler to cut the courgettes into thin strips.
- Cut the LeaderBrand broccoli into small florets and bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Blanch the broccoli florets for 2 minutes, then drain and plunge into cold water to stop the cooking.
- Make the sun dried tomato butter by finely dicing the sun dried tomatoes, then mixing with parsley and butter until well combined.
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil. Add the courgette noodles and drained broccoli florets and half of the sun dried tomato butter. Toss together for 2-3 minutes until the butter has melted and the vegetables are heated through.
- Divide between two bowls and serve with extra sun dried tomato butter and plenty of grated Parmesan cheese.
We love the George Foreman Spiralizer – easy as!