Cheesy potato with bacon and egg
Want a breakfast or brunch with a difference? Everyone will love these spuddy great potato cases with bacon, egg and stretchy cheese. This perfect potato recipe serves 4.
4 large potatoes, choose even-sized (we love Wilcox Red Jackets)
4 eggs, we use Woodland Free Range
2 tablespoons Mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, grated
Salt and pepper
Fresh parsley and chives (we love Superb Herb)
- Cook 4 large potatoes with their skin on in boiling water, or microwave to suit.
- Chop bacon into bits and cook in a pan until crisp.
- Dig out the inside of the cooked potatoes.
- Spread a layer of mascarpone on the bottom of each potato.
- Cover with some bacon.
- Break an egg into each potato.
- Sprinkle with grated mozzarella on top of the yolk of the egg.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180 ° C.
- When cooked, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with some chopped fresh chives and parsley.
Serve with a green salad and tomatoes.
Tip: Mash up the cooked potato and freeze for another day.